Wednesday 20 February 2013

Karpal Singh: I stand by what I had said about Chua Jui Meng

Karpal Singh   
                            
Datuk Chua Jui Meng

UNFAZED: DAP chairman had questioned PKR man's credibility

SHAH ALAM: DAP national chairman Karpal Singh  in standing his ground concerning his remarks questioning the credibility of Johor Parti Keadilan Rakyat chief Datuk Chua Jui Meng.

The veteran politician also dismissed Chua's statement expressing disappointment with him for openly supporting Johor DAP chief Dr Boo Cheng Hau, who had called for Chua's removal.

"I said what I have said and I am not withdrawing it.

"What I said was in good faith, and in the interest of Pakatan Rakyat. Isn't that enough?

"I can't stop him from being disappointed, can I?" said the long-term Bukit Gelugor member of parliament here yesterday.

Karpal said this when asked to comment on reports that Chua was disappointed that Karpal had openly supported Dr Boo and also for calling on the PKR central leadership to initiate a probe into him (Chua).
Chua, who defected from MCA to PKR in July 2009, was also saddened with Karpal questioning his political allegiance.

However, Karpal was unfazed when told about what the former health minister was reported to have said in a Chinese daily on Tuesday.

Karpal maintained that he had made such statement "for the larger interest of DAP".

"Any attack on DAP, as a chairman, I am required to immediately look at it. Now that an attempt has been made by a certain person, this is a serious matter.

"If there's a basis to what he (Dr Boo) has said, then DAP will take action. We will not allow any attack on DAP to be left unanswered."

He, however, ruled out a soured relationship between DAP and PKR.

"I can't see how this will affect the relationship between PKR and DAP."

On Monday, Dr Boo had issued a strongly worded statement against Chua, whom he described as an "overlord" and said he could no longer cooperate with the latter, whose "arrogance" had damaged the strong collaboration between Johor DAP and PKR before Chua took over the helm in 2010.

Dr Boo, who is the Johor opposition leader and Skudai assemblyman, said he was anxious and worried about the "collapsing relationship" in the opposition coalition in Johor over the past two years.


Read more: Karpal: I stand by what I had said about Chua - Politics - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/nation/politics/karpal-i-stand-by-what-i-had-said-about-chua-1.222054#ixzz2LV4R4k5t



No comments:

Post a Comment